Friday, January 27, 2012

Scrap lifting

We had a great class last night and we talked a bit about Scarp Lifting. When I first started to scrap I did a lot of scrap lifting.  With most kits you will  find examples of how they are used.  You can also go to the gallery of the store that they come from and do a search for your kit and find examples of how the elements in your kit have been used.  Is this cheating?  Well I don’t think so.  It is a way to learn what you like in scrapbooking.  What looks good on a page.  You learn about scale.  What sizes of things will look good on a page and you also learn about page design.  Most people are thrilled if you scrap lift them as long as you give them credit.  It is considered a compliment. Last night we used the free  kit “Sweet Storytelling” (found below) by sahlin Studio  and scrap lifted this layout
MarieL-5
This layout was scrapped by Mariel and you can find it here with all the credits at the Lilypad Gallery.  While you are there create an account.  Click on the gallery link at the top, Click on Search (down a bit on the right)  Type in the name of the kit “ Sweet Storytelling” in the keywords box, In the Select categories box scrole down and select "Sahlin Studio" then  see what comes up.  If you see something fun you would like to scrap lift give it a try.  The other good thing about scrap lifting as you are learning is that it helps you look at a page in layers.  Last night we studied the above page to see what came first then what was put on top of it etc.  I will try and do a walk through of what we did. 
Here is my layout
thegirls
I used the fonts Cluffhmk and Traveling Typewriter.

Here are some other fun Galleries to explore
Me so Scrappy
My Scrapbook art
(  At both of these galleries a lot of creative team members post here it is a catch all gallery with layouts from many different stores.)
Shabby Princess
(Check out how the free kits were used there )
Digital Scrapper
This is the company that I am on the creative team and their gallery is a great place for for inspiration.  I suggest you get an account there and start posting your own layouts. Some stores will only let you post layouts using their products but digital scrapper will let you post anything to there member gallery.  They do have different galleries that require you to post about a certain topic or to use the kit that you get from membership there. But you can post anythng to the members's gallery. It is so fun to post your layout and have people comment on it.  If you do post send me the link in a  comment and I will put a copy of your layout here on my blog!
Here is my gallery at Digital Scrapper fill free to leave me a comment I LOVE THEM!

As always if you have any questions just let me know.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Ok Nann, I need to borrow your brain for about a week, I am still working on getting organized. And you know me... it has to be all in its right place! So if I had your brain and my lap top, Oh and a full week off... I might be able to start playing or creating. But since I have my brain and NO time off... I will keep reading your blog and watching all the tutorials, collecting all the fun stuff. Then someday I will really get going. Thanks for sharing with this crazy girl. :)

Smith Family said...

I took your advice and scraplifted a layout today. Thanks for the lesson.